You’d think you’d be immune to it by now, but sometimes, a childless gal gets knocked down. It can be triggered by a double-whammy of news about people’s pregnancies, a thoughtless remark, the season changing, or the new light bulb in the bathroom showcasing your smile lines… and being single, you have no one to turn to but yourself for a pick-me-up.
- You are not any less a woman because you’ve never been pregnant.
- Being a mother does not define who you are. You are still special. You are contributing to the world.
- Motherhood is not all that it’s cracked up to be.
- Trust yourself. Don’t second-guess your decisions.
- There are plenty of women before you who did not have children and they led fulfilling lives.
Too bad these words didn’t come to me at 3 AM this morning when I was wide awake, freaking the F out.